We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Barclays Current Account
starM
Posts: 1,464 Forumite
Hi,
I have been to Barclays branch today to open an Current Account. I have moved to UK in December 07 and I am registered on the electoral register.
My application was referred and the personal banker will call me on friday with an update.
Any idea's why application would have been referred? Also what credit reference agency do Barclays use for Current Accounts?
Thanks
StarM
I have been to Barclays branch today to open an Current Account. I have moved to UK in December 07 and I am registered on the electoral register.
My application was referred and the personal banker will call me on friday with an update.
Any idea's why application would have been referred? Also what credit reference agency do Barclays use for Current Accounts?
Thanks
StarM
0
Comments
-
For the current account it is Equifax I believe.
It could have been referred for many reasons - you have a CIFAS warning or a Notice of Correction applied to your credit file or they want to look in more detail at any credit agreements you have.0 -
Hi,
I have visited the Barclays branch again today and the agreed my application and the account has been opened. The advisor said that they have offered me a basic Visa Debit card and a cheque book.
What is a different between the basic visa debit and the full visa debit? And any how after long can I able to apply for the full facilities?
Thanks allot
StarM0 -
For the record Barclays use Experian for the credit search and Equifax for the ID Check. The difference in the two cards is that one has the cheque guarantee function and the other doesn’t.
Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.0 -
By 'basic visa debit' maybe they mean visa electron and are trying to sweeten the blow?Kavanne
Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!
'I do my job, do you do yours?'0 -
It is a Visa/Delta debit minus the C/G function, Barclays do not issue Electron anymore on their current accounts.By 'basic visa debit' maybe they mean visa electron and are trying to sweeten the blow?Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.0 -
Received my card today. It's a Visa Debit Connect Card without cheque guarantee. I don't think it's worth to have a full card, cheque guarantee will never be used.
StarM0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards