Is it possible to receive cable upstairs when box is downstairs?

Options
Don't know if this is the correct place to put this or not but hopefully someone will be able to help.

We have an ntl cable box which has a booster spliyting the signal between the TV downstairs and a cable which is attached to the internal wall and through the corner of the ceiling directly behind the TV into my son's room where his TV is directly above the one downstairs.

Now my other son also would like the same thing in his room. The only problem is his TV is at the opposite end of his room at the back of the house. If we were to split the cable from No 1 son's room the cable would either have to go my bedroom, two cupboards and all the way round to the other side of his room or up through his ceiling - along the loft and down into his room (loft doesn't have much access so this is not ideal).

Can anybody tell me if there is a "wireless" way to transmit the cable signal so it can be received in his room rather than having cables all over the house.

I may be quite dim and there may well be something available to do this but I don't know if there is or not.

I know I can get another cable box but this would mean more expense every month and I was just wondering if there is a "cheap" way

Comments

• KayEdwards
    Options
    There are devices such as TV senders where you have a base unit downstairs and a receiver upstairs - I found it unreliable when I tried one but I have friends who use theirs with no problems. If you but it from say argos, try it and its no good then return for a refund - nothing lost that way. Just go to argos.co.uk and type in tv sender in the search box. The one I had was the Philips at £75 and I think the problem I had was to do with the fire station i live by having some new kit installed rather than the product because it worked great at first, and works great for my friends.
  • Anic
    Anic Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KayEdwards wrote:
    There are devices such as TV senders where you have a base unit downstairs and a receiver upstairs - I found it unreliable when I tried one but I have friends who use theirs with no problems. If you but it from say argos, try it and its no good then return for a refund - nothing lost that way. Just go to argos.co.uk and type in tv sender in the search box. The one I had was the Philips at £75 and I think the problem I had was to do with the fire station i live by having some new kit installed rather than the product because it worked great at first, and works great for my friends.

Thanks Kay, I'll get one and give it a try.
  • gizmoleeds
    gizmoleeds Posts: 2,232 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got one from ebay for I think it was £20 or £30 - clearly from a far-eastern manufacturer (doesn't even have UK plug) but works fine.

Aldi get them in for £20-30 sometimes too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure