We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Speed camera van
chilli_dog
Posts: 843 Forumite
in Motoring
Saw one of these today, parked stupidly.
going down a 40 mph dual carriage way, i would have expected it to be pulled over on the left with its window slid down and the [STRIKE]money maker[/STRIKE] camera pointing out.
However this one was parked with its over the other side of the carriage way, facing the wrong way with its rear facing me. does this make sense?
so he would have had to drive the right way on the other carriage way, pull over, do a three point turn and park up facing the oncoming traffic.
work that out!!
going down a 40 mph dual carriage way, i would have expected it to be pulled over on the left with its window slid down and the [STRIKE]money maker[/STRIKE] camera pointing out.
However this one was parked with its over the other side of the carriage way, facing the wrong way with its rear facing me. does this make sense?
so he would have had to drive the right way on the other carriage way, pull over, do a three point turn and park up facing the oncoming traffic.
work that out!!
0
Comments
-
I've seen them do that a few times.
Helps them spot the speeders on your side of the road since the drivers are looking on their side of the road..
Also seen in the papers that the Scottish Vans are stopping the Bright Colours, They are going with colours that are like Council vans and basic white vans.
But why do you guys care! you would never break the speed limit now would you....
Laters
Sol
"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"0 -
of course not, i'm a priest you know.0
-
Got done by a speed camera van parked on the grass verge. Thought of appealing cos it was illegally parked but now notice that there is a sign there stating for police vehicles only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh0
-
Several years back I saw a speed camera van situated on the white hatched area between the M275 and a joining slip road on the approaches to Portsmouth.
The stupidity of those manning the van was even more pronounced by the fact that the traffic on both the motorway and the slip road was jammed up solid and hardly moving !0 -
well when we see these unmarked vans parked stupidly or dangerously as i have also seen we could report them?
surely if they are going to stop in these areas deliberatly they should have at least an amber flashing beacon?...work permit granted!0 -
You could do a public service by breaking down in front of them and having to lift the bonnet to fix the problem.Happy chappy0
-
I thought it was illegal for them to hide the fact that they are speed camera's. I thought they had to make sure you knew what they were but to be honest, I can't remember properly this late at night.
~MCMySearchFund: £9.79:j
CC Debt: £400 -=-=- Overdraft: £150
"If video games affected children we would all be running around in the dark,eating little white pills listening to repetitve electronic music"
0 -
Moonrakerz,
generally the vans on the M275 in and out of Portsmouth tend to be the ANPR vehicles. You will see loads of Police bikes further down the road
Bill0 -
Miseryschild wrote: »I thought it was illegal for them to hide the fact that they are speed camera's. I thought they had to make sure you knew what they were but to be honest, I can't remember properly this late at night.
~MC
Think they have to be "visible" and can't hide the camera in a location that drivers can not see. In the past, to stop them getting taken to the EU courts they had brightly coloured Vans and Boxes.
But I think they have looked again at the law and decided that a white van on the side of a road and a warning sign, at most, 1 mile from the Safety van's location is visible enough.Laters
Sol
"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
