We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

New Utility Supplier - On an Economy Drive

karatedragon
karatedragon Posts: 1,148 Forumite
Hi!

I am currently on an economy drive to save some money. I love to snowboard and want to go for much of next years season so I am attacking all un-necessary expenses and shaving off cash from the utility bills.

At the moment my gas and electric are supplied by Southern Electric on two key meters thats I recharge down the newsagents. Apparently this is one of the most expensive ways to buy your energy. Just now I rang them up and they are coming round next week to rip the meters out and put in normal ones and putting me on a "dual fuel" account.

Any tips for better/cheaper supplier or ways of saving would be really appreciated. One of my other ideas is to go on a water meter being a single guy in a flat (see post in that section).

Thanks for any responses.

KD :o)

Comments

  • motts
    motts Posts: 5 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I was with southern electric, but am now with Scottish Power online Economy 7. Check the price per unit for daytime and nightime and standing charges.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.