We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Car Stereo With USB Port
Lenny_The_Loiner
Posts: 38 Forumite
in Motoring
Can anyone suggest a particularly good model?
I'm looking to spend approx £100.
TIA.
I'm looking to spend approx £100.
TIA.
0
Comments
-
The absolute best is probably the Pioneer P7000UB, seems to be cheapest here ordered and collected instore http://www.ripspeed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10002_catalogId_11802_productId_500673_langId_-1_categoryId_101009 but £72.49 over budget.
If you're not so bothered about the screen and displaying track names and being able to browse folders on the screen this might be a good choice in your budget http://www.ripspeed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10002_catalogId_11802_productId_504269_langId_-1_categoryId_101009
Edit: actually this is probably better than the last one...
http://www.ripspeed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10002_catalogId_11802_productId_294969_langId_-1_categoryId_100920 and in budget
Be aware of compatability problems with hard disks though. Some cannot be powered up by the stereo. Flash memory should be fine.0 -
I bought one from Argos. It has USB port and also SD Card. It was cheaper than you are wanting to spend but I am really impressed with mine. It also automatically connects to my mobile phone via bluetooth and the calls come through my speakers its pretty neat. Its £79.99
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5005835/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500011405.Sound%2Band%2Bvision%3EC%24cip%3D1500011457.In%2Bcar%2Bentertainment%3EC%24cip%3D1500011460.Car%2BCD%2Bradios.htm0 -
I have a sound system in my car and until I went and blew £140 on a brand spanking new Sony model...I had a MUTANT head unit from Motorworld.
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=12890;)I am not a complete idiot - some parts are missing;)0 -
You can buy an FM transmitter for £5. Then fit it your cig lighter socket and attach your USB MP3 player with it. Then tune your radio to that frequency. You'll get good quality sound
Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.0 -
I bought my Medion head unit from Aldi for £40 and is it brilliant:A R.I.P. Dave "Simmo" Stimpson.....:AA friend, A Gentleman, and a Damn good pool player.You will be missedone in prison, not long enough0
-
Thanks guys. Any more ideas?0
-
There's one for £40 here.... http://www.ebuyer.com/search/?intStoreID=73&intCatID=262&intSubcatUID=21670
-
Thanks for all your suggestions. We went for a JVC KD-SH1000 in the end £110 at Halfords including fitting. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/product-description/B000I0QFZ6/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
