Paid CC twice last month - can't pay this month now

Options
izoomzoom
izoomzoom Posts: 1,564 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
In my efforts to be extra efficient in paying our cc as soon as we had money at the end of last month, I have realised that I have paid both cc twice last month (one right at the beginning, second time right at the end), and now I don't have the money to pay this month - even the min balance figure :mad: :mad: .

If I phone up and explain, do you think they will accept or is this going to damage my credit report for a supposed non-payment :confused:

Comments

• G-G_4
    G-G_4 Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    Options
    Can you use the credit card to purchase the shopping or petrol and use the money that you would normally use to pay for everyday things to pay the credit card? If that makes sense?
    :D BSC Member 155 :cool:
  • dhassen
    dhassen Posts: 759 Forumite
    Options
    G-G wrote: »
    Can you use the credit card to purchase the shopping or petrol and use the money that you would normally use to pay for everyday things to pay the credit card? If that makes sense?

I wouldn't...... not if you like you're 0% deal anyway ....

Beg, steal or borrow from friends / family so you don't miss the payment, as they'll take away your 0% if you miss

good luck
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 784 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • zebedy
    zebedy Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    I paid twice in a month once and phoned and explained and they refunded the second payment to me. I don't know if it would work for you but certainly worth a try as it worked for me
    MS Stalwart. Used site for >10 years :j

Make Do, Mend and Minimise member - focussing on upcycling/repurposing and sewing
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dhassen wrote: »
    I wouldn't...... not if you like you're 0% deal anyway ....

Beg, steal or borrow from friends / family so you don't miss the payment, as they'll take away your 0% if you miss

good luck

Even if you pay a grocery bill on the card, and then use the funds to pay the minimum balance the interest will be a lot less than losing the 0%

The minimum is just that. Paying double just means you are paying the debt off sooner.

However, if you can't pay the minimum I would look over at the DFW forum as there may be a more serious issue brewing...
  • izoomzoom
    Options
    Have checked both balances on line, and the one was actually paid off in full - it has just taken 21 days for the statement to arrive which is why I thought there was a balance but in fact there isn't.

With regards to the other card I have diverted some of my grocery money to the cc instead (£25). There is no way we can come £25 under budget on our groceriews so I'll have to charge some of it onto the first card (purchases card) so as not to miss a payment, and then next month I'll adjust my payment down to recover back that £25 for groceries. It'll all balance out in the end.

Being on SMP is very difficult .... and we are trying to live on a very strict budget which is why two payments being allocated to a single month threw me into a bit of a tiz ...

Thank you all the same though !
  • dhassen
    dhassen Posts: 759 Forumite
    Options
    The minimum is just that. Paying double just means you are paying the debt off sooner.

The OP paid double one month by accident, they where saying they couldn't afford the minimum this month because they had paid twice last month

I don't think the OP paid double in order to reduce the debt... which if you did this every month of course it would. I wasn't suggesting that the OP pay minimum as a recomendation... they couldn't afford the minimum this month...... that's the point
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 784 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this the Virgin one in your sig? If so, isn't it an rebranded MBNA with a fixed £5/£10 minimum payment rather than a fixed percentage? (Or have they stopped doing that?)
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • izoomzoom
    Options
    Is this the Virgin one in your sig? If so, isn't it an rebranded MBNA with a fixed £5/£10 minimum payment rather than a fixed percentage? (Or have they stopped doing that?)

mine min payment is always £25, and we always pay as much more as we can
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    izoomzoom wrote: »
    mine min payment is always £25, and we always pay as much more as we can
    Is there no way you can pay/borrow/whatever that £25 then?
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • izoomzoom
    Options
    Is there no way you can pay/borrow/whatever that £25 then?

I have paid it now - used my grocery money ....

... so beans on toast for the rest of the month :rotfl:

:undecided:undecided:undecided
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family