We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Am I paying to much?
Hi,
I'm a newbie on here and hoping someone may be able to help me!
My partner and I moved into our new home a year ago and set up an account with Scottish Power. We have the Online Energy Saver 4 (dual fuel) account. For the first five months in our home, we were paying a monthly direct debit of £45. In October, we were informed by Scottish Power, that our monthly direct debit was being increased to £114.50!
We have a 3 bed detached house, and only the two of us live here. We both work long hours, and I try to save energy as best I can. I find these monthly bills extremely high, especially when our account is £399.63 in credit!
Can anyone help me understand why we are paying so much? Also, I wonder, if I were to switch to another supplier who is offering me a better deal, will Scottish Power refund us the credit in our account?
Any advice would be gratefully received!
egu
I'm a newbie on here and hoping someone may be able to help me!
My partner and I moved into our new home a year ago and set up an account with Scottish Power. We have the Online Energy Saver 4 (dual fuel) account. For the first five months in our home, we were paying a monthly direct debit of £45. In October, we were informed by Scottish Power, that our monthly direct debit was being increased to £114.50!
We have a 3 bed detached house, and only the two of us live here. We both work long hours, and I try to save energy as best I can. I find these monthly bills extremely high, especially when our account is £399.63 in credit!
Can anyone help me understand why we are paying so much? Also, I wonder, if I were to switch to another supplier who is offering me a better deal, will Scottish Power refund us the credit in our account?
Any advice would be gratefully received!
egu
0
Comments
-
I assume that back in October either you gave them a reading or they took one themselves and found you had underpayed and run up a debt?
If that it the case they may have increased your DD to make sure it was paid back and to cover the (estimated) higher winter usage.
If you now have so much credit with them , phone them up and either have them pay that back to you and/or alter the DD to better match your usage (give them another reading if neccessary.
HTH
MP
I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.:cool:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards