We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Hiring a car from Enterprise through insurers. Is this a good idea?
scrooge786
Posts: 72 Forumite
in Motoring
Hi my car was cosmetically damaged by ther councils refuse truck. As a result of which crawford corporate claims got in touch with me they arranged for a garage to take my car and get it sorted they offered car hire through enterprise saying that i wouldnt have to pay anything i then got a call from enterprise saying that i would have to pay £55 for traffic violations which is refunded if there arent any.
I am a bit worried about giving my card details to Enterprise after reading what i have about them as i would much rather leave the whole thing than be hassled afterwards and lose the £55 or even more as the car is driveable. has any1 had experience of this kind with enterprise. I asked about the £55 he says its standard practice and when the fine comes through they pay it and then give your details to the authorities and this is towards admin costs Im not sure what i will be paying £55 for really?
I am a bit worried about giving my card details to Enterprise after reading what i have about them as i would much rather leave the whole thing than be hassled afterwards and lose the £55 or even more as the car is driveable. has any1 had experience of this kind with enterprise. I asked about the £55 he says its standard practice and when the fine comes through they pay it and then give your details to the authorities and this is towards admin costs Im not sure what i will be paying £55 for really?
0
Comments
-
I had a car through Enterprise on insurance. I had to pay a £100 deposit which was refunded when I returned the car undamaged. I had not problems whatsoever, and would have no worries about using them again.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards