We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Price guarantee 2008 coming to an end now what?
onefurlongout
Posts: 190 Forumite
in Energy
Hi,
Our price guarantee is coming to an end on the 31 May and im wondering how to check if its worthwhile moving as Ive not yet experienced a bill using the new 2009 gurantee prices that they are offering.
When comparing tariffs on uswitch and energyhelpline do I take into account that Im on price 2008 or do I put down that I will be on 2009?
2008 shows no benefit in moving whislt 2009 shows a saving of £123 if moving to Atlantic.
If I stay on 2009 then I'll have a cancellation fee which seems pointless comparing if I have to pay a fee to get out of the agreement.
Help and advice much appreciated.
Our price guarantee is coming to an end on the 31 May and im wondering how to check if its worthwhile moving as Ive not yet experienced a bill using the new 2009 gurantee prices that they are offering.
When comparing tariffs on uswitch and energyhelpline do I take into account that Im on price 2008 or do I put down that I will be on 2009?
2008 shows no benefit in moving whislt 2009 shows a saving of £123 if moving to Atlantic.
If I stay on 2009 then I'll have a cancellation fee which seems pointless comparing if I have to pay a fee to get out of the agreement.
Help and advice much appreciated.
0
Comments
-
Which company are you with? I assume BG?
It doesn't really matter which tariff - you could put BG standard if you wish - you enter into the comparison sites as long as you put down your annual consumption in kWh and not what you pay monthly.
All you are looking for is the ranking by price - your actual tariff will be listed anyhow as will the 2009 tariff.0 -
The cancellation fee only kicks in after a couple of months, so you have time to make your descision without having to take that into consideration.
PG2008 is not open to anyone, so it won't come up on a list of available tariffs, and PG2009 is only open to people on PG2008, so you probably won't see that either.
As it would take more than a few weeks to switch, use the PG2009 prices to compare.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards