We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Meguiars cleaning products - where to get them
Hi,
I use certain Meguiars cleaning products for my car. Really worth using despite the slightly inflated price as they do the job very well. The reason for my post is where to get the products from. I normally go to Halfords as this is the only place available. I've tried Ebay but by the time you add postage it works out more expensive.
Does anyone know if these products are available anywhere other than Halfords, any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
I use certain Meguiars cleaning products for my car. Really worth using despite the slightly inflated price as they do the job very well. The reason for my post is where to get the products from. I normally go to Halfords as this is the only place available. I've tried Ebay but by the time you add postage it works out more expensive.
Does anyone know if these products are available anywhere other than Halfords, any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
0
Comments
-
Try here http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/About_Us.html I've used them a few times, totally reliable, fast dispatch/delivery and good to deal with. You'll find Meguiars under the "brands" list. Their prices are quite competitive too.
I agree, not the cheapest product but you certainly get what you pay for is definitely a valid comment here.0 -
Hold on for Halfords 3 for 2 offer, some local independant stores (we have a local chain called Wilco) usually undercut by £1 per product on Megs and Autoglym, also saw a stall in a local sunday market also selling below Halfords price.
I found a good bargain where Halfords marked down a travel bag of Meguires products (large shampoo, polish and glass cleaner) as one of the items was missing (the glass cleaner) , and made it cheaper than buying the seperates. Though the reducing muppets were also trying to sell a quik clay pack missing the clay for £2 cheaper than it was full price - the words chocolate and fireguard spring to mind.Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!
There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.0 -
I would recommend
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk
for all your car cleaning products.
They know there stuff and delivery is usually next day.(".)0 -
Dstill - Used to be a Meguiars Main stockist and still have quite a bit left, PM me what you are looking for and if we have it, I may be able to do you a good deal
DEBT FREE - FEB 2010 :beer: (LBM £24,000)
House Deposit 2010 - £2500 / £10,000 Saved
0 -
I'm a convert to this brand now - well certainly for Mrs V's Mx5, all it's been pampered with since new! (Still use Mer on used vehicles!)
http://www.meguiars.co.uk/ has a page for all their stockists. Several of the independent stores will 'do a deal' if you ask!! As this is a premium product, there is a generous mark up on the price!
Agree the 3for2 Halfords deal makes good Moneysaving.
& if you're anywhere near Peterborough, the Thor Cash n Carry, not far from BritishCarAuctions, carries the range & if you were to spend more then £50, they might just accept you as a 'trade' customer.
VB0 -
Hold on for Halfords 3 for 2 offer, some local independant stores (we have a local chain called Wilco) usually undercut by £1 per product on Megs and Autoglym, also saw a stall in a local sunday market also selling below Halfords price.
I found a good bargain where Halfords marked down a travel bag of Meguires products (large shampoo, polish and glass cleaner) as one of the items was missing (the glass cleaner) , and made it cheaper than buying the seperates. Though the reducing muppets were also trying to sell a quik clay pack missing the clay for £2 cheaper than it was full price - the words chocolate and fireguard spring to mind.
Hi Kitchpoo,
how do you find out when the 3 for 2 offer is about to be released?
Thanks0 -
i bought some stuff from Elite Car Care quick delivery price's not too bad.
There is a 10% discount code somewhere..0 -
how do you find out when the 3 for 2 offer is about to be released?
Thanks
They seem to have these 'deals' on different types of products, at various times as a promotion, so no set pattern.
Hasn't been a car cleaning one for ages, so ought to be due - might be worth asking in store, how often promotions do actually change!
VB0 -
I use Autoglym and meguires products,they are both very good.
I have sometimes been able to get a full kit of items by subscribing to various car mags.,you usually get the mag cheap too,after the six months or whatever,i cancell the mag and subscribe to another.It works out well for me,i do buy mags anyway so it would not be as suitable for someone who didn't.
There are two sides to every story.
I am not a SAINT just a saints supporter(saints RLFC)Grand final winners 2006.World club champions 2007.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards