can you take food in your hand luggage?

Options
13»

Comments

• ricflairandy
    ricflairandy Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options
    dogtired wrote: »
    I've always found Carrefor good value, and Mercadonna close behind.

If you are ok with supermarket brand cereals (ASDA, Tesco etc) you should be fine with local Spanish makes or Carrefor's own brand. Being French (I think) they don't get away with selling rubbish food - the French and German shoppers won't put up with half the cheap rubbish that British supermarkets sell.

If you need to have brand names familiar in the UK (kids that won't eat anything but Cocopops etc) you're probably best taking them with you. Personaly, I find the slight increase in cost abroad usually outweighs the hastle of carrying them with me,

Thanks, where are they located. Own brands are fine by us, weve just been padding out the empty spaces in the cases with smartprice porridge, noodles and pasta and source. :D. What we usually like to do is eat in for breakfast, and lunch for half the holiday, the rest eat out, and then go for a nice evening meal out.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • Engadine
    Engadine Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I go to Spain regularly and use Supersol and Mercadona supermarkets, I find Mercadona tends to be slightly better value than Supersol. I find a lot of their prices cheaper than what we would pay here.
    :j Debt free since 31/01/08:j

• ricflairandy
    ricflairandy Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options
    all of the mercadonas look miles awya from the main salou beach area that we are staying at.
    Waddle you do eh?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport