barclaycard / is it worth it?

Options
ok so i aplyed for a barclaycard with
Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card with Balance Transfer
  • 0% interest on balance transfers for 14 months from account opening (2.9% handling fee applies)
  • 0% interest on purchases for 3 months
14.9% APR typical (variable)

and a few days lated i got a letter saying they cant offer me this card.. but they will offer me a different one.
Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card with Balance Transfer
  • 0% interest on balance transfers for 14 months from account opening (2.9% handling fee applies) -aslong as i transfer within 60 days of opening the account.
  • 0% interest on purchases for 3 months
19.9% APR typical (variable)

from what i can tell in the letter they say "the card is ready and waiting" but im thinking my limit will only be around (minimum £250 - monthly wage £1119)

but for 14 months do you think its worth it? would this damage anything for me if i where to stooze a low cash amount for 14 months? (probably will only stooze for 13 months then pay in full from the stooze pot)

and dose the barclay card offer SBT to my current account for ease of stoozing?

or should i scrap the letter? and forget about it untill my situation improves and i can get more credit? i have one other card the natwest classic (£800 limit) - currently in credit i pay it off in full each month.

i havent stoozed befor and im wondering is it worth starting with this card and the low limit as a learning curb for when i manage to get higher credit?

Comments

• CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2.9 for 14 months at 0% isn't too bad. Will get you on the radar if nothing else. The maximum you can normally transfer with Barclaycard at 0% is £ 5,000. And nope, it doesn't offer a SBT facility so you'll need a mule card to get it into a savings account. The list of card issuers on the stoozing website has a flag to show which cards offer super balance transfer facilities.

The stooze calculator on the stoozing website www.stoozing.com will tell you how much actual £ and p's you'll make from it.

Keep a note of the link as you'll need to use it to check out any offer to work out if it's profitable for you.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure