We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Company car contribution
biglebowski
Posts: 4 Newbie
in Motoring
I have a company car but to get a better model I contribute £50 on top of the allowance. I signed an agreement that in the event that I resign I have to repay the full contribution outstanding i.e 3 years @ £50 a month would be £1800.
Someone mentioned that although I have signed this agreement it has no legal standing, does anyone know if this is correct?
Someone mentioned that although I have signed this agreement it has no legal standing, does anyone know if this is correct?
0
Comments
-
Hi biglebowski, I've moved this to the Motoring Board

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]!!!!!![/EMAIL].0 -
Why wouldn't this document be binding on you?
If you resign, your company would be faced with the higher lease costs and it wouldn't be fair to ask your job successor to pay for it.The man without a signature.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards