We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Advanced Motorist

Just saved over £40 on my breakdown recovery renewal quote after becoming a member of the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists).

Will try insurance in a couple of months and see what that comes up with.

Comments

  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi tablesbuster, I've moved this to the Motoring Board :)

    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]!!!!!![/EMAIL].
  • Their recommended insurance is generally more expensive to begin with, so the 'savings' aren't that great. Personally I didn't bother and insured with A-plan.

    The course is well worth taking though, it will teach you a lot if you go into it with an open mind. You will certainly become a safer driver.
  • Andy_Hamilton
    Andy_Hamilton Posts: 660 Forumite
    I did 10 years ago and it was the best thing for my driving, my brake pads last atleast 90,000 miles and my cars just keep on going. It also made me see things which I would never have seen.

    I tried for many years to get a good quote stating IAM membership and it did nothing at all!
    Lets get this straight. Say my house is worth £100K, it drops £20K and I complain but I should not complain when I actually pay £200K via a mortgage:rolleyes:
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    I don't even bother mentioning it anymore.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

    ......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.