Coldseal in Liquidation

Options
Coldseal have gone bust. I got an email from windowquoter - " It is with this in mind that we inform you that The Carthium Group Limited and its subsidiaries, including Coldseal Windows and Doors Limited, ceased trading with effect from close of business yesterday, 2nd of November.
We would recommend that you do not pay any deposits or release any money to Coldseal or any individual claiming to represent them."
There's a story about it here and here.

Comments

• Js_Other_Half
    Options
    I saw that on the news yesterday too - I was actually happy with the work Coldseal did for me 5 years ago - looks like I was lucky! ;)
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Options
    Oh sorry to hear about this news for the employees point of view. However I glad they wont pester me any more on the phone.

I only asked for a quote 18 months ago, they couldn't be bothered to call asked me where I lived and sent a quote through post. They didn't get the contract. I hate cold callers reason I went x Directory and any other way I can think of to not be bothered by companies hounding you for business.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • VP
    VP Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure Coldseal used to Wolverhampton Windows and went bust as them, then set up again, so no surprise really
    Filiss
  • mogoot
    mogoot Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    For those who hate cold-callers, TPS (Telephone Preference Service) is an excellent service.
  • Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    Did you see Watchdog?

Aledgedly, they have set up again calling themselves Warmseal.

This is a regular occurance. The were originaly called Coldseal then Coldseal Ltd, the Coldseal Group, then something else. Each time they declare bankrupcy then the new company (same owners) buy the assets but not the debts or the problems or the 10 year guarantees they give out :o

Apparently this is all legal :o

So Beware Warmseal
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure