We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Eon phonecall-safety and inaccuracies
Not_a_penny
Posts: 9 Forumite
in Energy
Just had a rather strange phone call from Eon regarding changing my gas meter because of 'safety and inaccuracies '.
I was just wondering if one else had received one.
I just thought it was a bit stange and wondering if there were other reasons?
I was just wondering if one else had received one.
I just thought it was a bit stange and wondering if there were other reasons?
0
Comments
-
I know that meters have to be replaced every few years to make sure they're safe and accurate - how long have you had that particular meter?0
-
Maybe for as long as we have been in the house 12 years.
But in that time the gas pipe coming into the house has been replaced and everthing was checked then.0 -
Meters are routinely changed every 15 or 20 years or something like that. It is to ensure that they are recalibrated for accuracy and checked over for safety. Could this be what it is about?Not_a_penny wrote: »Just had a rather strange phone call from Eon regarding changing my gas meter because of 'safety and inaccuracies '.
I was just wondering if one else had received one.
I just thought it was a bit stange and wondering if there were other reasons?
When they change it, take a note of the reading and whether your meter is in ft^3 or m^3. This is the time when bills can go horribly wrong.After the uprising of the 17th June The Secretary of the Writers Union
Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee Stating that the people
Had forfeited the confidence of the government And could win it back only
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?0 -
Ok thanks for the replies.
Maybe I was just being a bit over cautious and I will double check the meter and confirm readings of old and new.
Thanks for the advice.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards