We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Economy 10 and similar tariffs
MountainMan101
Posts: 75 Forumite
in Energy
I'm thinking of installing an electric boiler to replace the back boiler on my wood-burning stove. Only recently bought the house and winter was too cold with the two of us out all day. Our previous house (also without main gas) had storage heaters and Powergen's Heatwise tariff.
So I'm looking at the different cheap-rate tariffs out there. I couldn't find a thread with all the info in one place and thought about starting one. It seems there are at least two types of tariff, one where you get eg.10 hours fixed times when the rate is low for all your use, and another (the Powergen one) where you have a different circuit for heating that has low rates at some times and an optional (expensive) boost.
So which providers offer these cheap tariffs, what price per kWh are you currently paying, and which hours do you get cheap elec?
I'll update this thread with any info I get when phoning the providers I know about (powergen, edf, npower).
So I'm looking at the different cheap-rate tariffs out there. I couldn't find a thread with all the info in one place and thought about starting one. It seems there are at least two types of tariff, one where you get eg.10 hours fixed times when the rate is low for all your use, and another (the Powergen one) where you have a different circuit for heating that has low rates at some times and an optional (expensive) boost.
So which providers offer these cheap tariffs, what price per kWh are you currently paying, and which hours do you get cheap elec?
I'll update this thread with any info I get when phoning the providers I know about (powergen, edf, npower).
0
Comments
-
I found scottish and southern were about the only ones to offer it in the Norweb region (i.e. you could phonet hem up and they knew what you were talking about)
look at one of my threads I started, think i posted details on there.
HTH
MP
I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.:cool:0 -
I phone nPower and EDF last night. nPower gave me a different number to call, but they did knoww what I was asking about. EDF could only find it for their own old area (london, sweb and seeboard). They also had a list of many types of meter (3,4,5 rate) so they're phoning back today once they work out if they can offer it. I'll try Powergen and Scottish today.0
-
Should also add, if you change to an E10 tarrif you will exclude yourself from the comparrison sites as none of them can cope with it. (Which may or may not be a problem depending on how many suppliers can actually supply it in your region)
MP
I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.:cool:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards