We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Switching suppliers

MothballsWallet
MothballsWallet Posts: 16,038 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
OK, I've just done some comparisons for switching gas & electric to a new supplier, and Ebico have come out best of all, but they're not set up to perform switchovers online yet.

Should I start the switch now or wait until Martin's show on Wednesday to get more advice? The saving is huge, something like 125 quid a year according to the uSwitch site. :beer:

Comments

  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    You can transfer online, Moth...but get no cashback from Uswitch. Ebico don't do cashback, that is why their prices are so low.
    Simple bills too.

    Transfer here.............http://www.ebico.co.uk/html/home.php
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 16,038 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Cheers for that Ken - I think this will be 1 instance where I forego the cashback to get the bigger savings. I had problems with moving to npower last year, hopefully I won't get problems doing this one...

    * toddles off to switch *
  • mute_posting
    mute_posting Posts: 810 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Cheers for that Ken - I think this will be 1 instance where I forego the cashback to get the bigger savings. I had problems with moving to npower last year, hopefully I won't get problems doing this one...

    * toddles off to switch *

    That's the problem with cashback, like Martin says with Mobile phone contracts - it often blinkers people.

    Save the money in the first place by looking for the cheapest, don't let a "lack" of cashback stop you from switching to save money.
    :confused: I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.:cool:
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 16,038 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've done the switch now, never mind the cashback - the saving over a year will be more than than the cashback would be anyway, and that's just so much better!

    I hope that this switch goes without any problems, unlike my Powergen-npower switch a year ago... That took ages to sort out the electricity one.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.