We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheaper Petrol

Options
We all know the big Petrol companies are ripping us off, so most of us are boycotting them and only using supermarkets.
Well if you have an ASDA credit card you get 2 pence off per litre at the till. pay by DD in full every month and it costs you nothing, on the average mileage of 10,000 per year thats approx 1200 litres ( based on 40 mpg for a diesel car ) or £24 not huge butbetter in your pocket. plus I do approx 45,000 miles per year for my job so I save over £100, which the company full full price, so I get over £200 in all.
:beer:

Comments

• dazza.mk
    dazza.mk Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    + you get 5% off at ASDA living or George standalone stores.

Although for Petrol you get a 3% Cashback on the Citibank Shell card which depending on the day either equals or slightly betters the Asda rate + there's a small return via the Shell Driver's Club Loyalty program on top.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Shell's credit card gives 3% cashback on their fuel.

Sadly I have to drive a good distance in the wrong destination to get to either a shell or asda petrol station - so no point for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport