We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What to do when your boiler gives up on you and

aspley
aspley Posts: 60 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
you've been a wally and not taken out cover. When I say you've I obviously mean ME!! :mad:

To be more accurate, the boiler still ticks over but the fan isn't starting up so there's no hot water or heating. I'm not sure if it's the fan or something electronic so I need to get someone to take a look and fix it. A plumber took a quick look at it and said it isn't something he can really resolve as it may be an electronic issue.

Would anyone know what the cheapest option is - is it to pay British Gas £180+ to come out to test and fix or is there another option. Perhaps some decent cover plans or maybe it's been left too late.

Comments

  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,994 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I would never use BG for anything. Ask around for a local corgi man.
  • mute_posting
    mute_posting Posts: 810 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Ther BG (and similar) cover plans generally only send corgi registered "parts changers"

    The best bet as david29dpo says is a local corgi heating ENGINEER
    :confused: I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.