New Post Advanced Search

Help! seller is threatening me!

8 replies 1.4K views
angelcakeangelcake Forumite
4.5K posts
simple: I bought an item off a seller on ebay, paid straight away by paypal. Didn't receive item. So did a chargeback through paypal. after lots of time..I got my money back...still no sign of item. The seller has been emailing me saying I have the item so give back the money or she will report theft etc! what can I do? I really don't have the item and have my money back. I emailed her saying that if I don't get the refund I shall go through ebay and the proper channels as it is fraud to sell something you haven't got. I suggested that perhaps it got lost in post etc....but the person wouldn't co-operate at all. I emailed this seller loads before doing chargeback for opportunity to help.

What do I do? I don't this person knocking on my door! also this seller left good feedback for me as I paid. I haven't left them any yet.

Please help :'(
:p:p Angel :p:p

Replies

• ashmitashmit Forumite
    622 posts
    Have you tried to get the seller's phone number? Might be easier actually talking to her - she might be more reasonable that way (emails might have gone astray)?

Other than that I don't really know! What kind of value are we talking about - large or small?
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Send the threatening emails direct to ebay and paypal NOW. Do not respond, do not contact the seller at all. In fact, I would call paypal this morning and tell them what is happening, their number is available on the web site and they are helpful if you call them. You should not feel threatend like this, the seller sounds a bit odd.

If I have understood the situation correctly you have already received the paypal refund so that is the end of your involvement. The seller could have stopped you getting a refund if he/she could prove delivery and since she couldn't do that she has no case against you.

In paypal disputes it is worth noting that it is *always* up to the seller to prove delivery and the only thing paypal will accept is a signed for recorded delivery or special delivery form. The seller is probably miffed that they were too dim to protect themselves and this is not your problem.

PM me if you need any more help.

Soo
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • scrougescrouge Forumite
    114 posts
    Similar thing happened to me.
    I received threatening e-mails, and informed ebay/paypal. They where not interested they said it was a civil matter...
    BUT the seller DID come to my home threatened me and stole my mobile phone as 'INSURANCE' ???

Leave bad feed-back to make other ebayers aware of their behaviour....
    Im not happy at all with the way ebay dealt with it.. they had got their money so it seemed they really didnt care... BEWARE...
    What goes around... comes around...
  • wirmwirm Forumite
    5.3K posts
    I received threatening e-mails, and informed ebay/paypal. They where not interested they said it was a civil matter...
    BUT the seller DID come to my home threatened me and stole my mobile phone as 'INSURANCE' ???

Im not happy at all with the way ebay dealt with it.. they had got their money so it seemed they really didnt care... BEWARE...

:o
  • JPSJPS Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭

:o
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing:)
  • Thank you very much everyone for your helpful and supportive responses.

I don't want to leave a neg yet because I don't want to infuriate this person even more. I will send an email to her because she hasn't left a phone number on her account. The person comes from Newcastle. Has 100% feedback.

I think that is terrible scrouge, for someone to come to your family home! How much was the item worth? This is only £9.98 or something like that. I have already lost money to bogus ebayers.

Can someone help me word an email to the seller? I have already suggested the post office. But could again!
  • ashmitashmit Forumite
    622 posts
    I'm not far from Newcastle... I could send a friend round to sort her out ;D

ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!
  • angelcakeangelcake Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Lol thanks Ashmit!! ;D
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support