We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Gave my log book to the buyer
Comments
-
The instructions are fairly clear on the document that you give them the tear off green section only and you both complete the main section which you retain and post to DVLA.
I would suggest writing to DVLA explaining the mishap and give them the details of the person that you sold the vehicle to and hope that the person is honest and registers the vehicle in their own name."Life may not always be the party you wish for, but whilst here you may aswell dance"!!!
Murphy's NMPC Memb No 239! Dippychick's De-clutter club Member No 6! - onto room no 2!
My Avatar? Arnie and Casey, proud parents to Storm and Tsu born 19/01/2009!!! - both now in new homes and called Murron and Burger!0 -
Write to:
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AR
You need to quote the registration mark, make/model, your details, details of buyer (if unknown then state private individual) and date of sale.
Letter must have your signature.
This will remove you as keeper regardless of whether they send in the logbook/V5C.
You should get a letter back to confirm disposal within 4 weeks
HTH
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
Did you fill in your part of it before you gave it to them, if so they may just send it off themselves.0
-
Did you fill in your part of it before you gave it to them, if so they may just send it off themselves.
Nah ! Doh !! I'll wite to the DVLA I think. I have txt the buyer and he says that he'll sort it but I just cant take the risk.
Thanks allI owe many thanks to free-easy-money.com !:beer:0 -
Hope he paid in cash :eek:0
-
Yeah, he did. I think it is all ok but you neva knowtinkerbell84 wrote: »Hope he paid in cash :eek:I owe many thanks to free-easy-money.com !:beer:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards