We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Argos Card - documents needed?

Options
bwgames
bwgames Posts: 137 Forumite
Considering getting an Argos card to make a £250 purchase tomorrow, and pay it off at £50/month, thereby paying it all off before I start having to pay interest, but does anyone know what documents I'd need to bring to Argos to apply?

Also, I have two late payments in a row last month and month before, for two bank/credit card errors - neither of these were my fault, but getting them off my record is proving easier said than done - is this likely to affect application? I somehow doubt it given that its a store card, but still...

Comments

• I got an Argos card just through the website. I was looking for a new suite and ordered online, got the account/store card no probs! Don't even remember needing any documents reallly??
    My problem is, now, that i want to transfer the balance because the interest free period has ran out but it doesn't have the usual 16 digit account number to transfer the balance!
  • bwgames
    bwgames Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking of doing that, but what I want is only in stock at the store...

Somewhat disconcerting they don't ask for any documents...
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My problem is, now, that i want to transfer the balance because the interest free period has ran out but it doesn't have the usual 16 digit account number to transfer the balance!
    You need a super balance transfer card such as Egg (Visa), or an MBNA run card. These will let you balance transfer from a current account (from where you can settle the Argos storecard), as well as the more conventional card-to-card balance transfer.
    bwgames wrote:
    Somewhat disconcerting they don't ask for any documents.
    They'll electronically verify you from a CRA file search (assuming they can do it there and then?). If they can't, they'll then ask for ID. I'm not familiar with the Argos storecard, or it's in store application process, but it'll be safe to assume one for name (passport/driving licence) and one for address (recent utility/council tax bill) might be required.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport