We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

3rd Party Insurance Taking Too Long

yasmeen_2
yasmeen_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
Hi everyone...Please help me...

I was hit in the rear of my car when the other driver jumped a T juction as we were going past on 13th feb.The driver admitted fault.I rang up my insurance company to tell them about the accident.My car was deemed a write off and was valued by a engineer at £2000.My car was taken away and I was given a hire car by help hire but they took it away after 2 months from accident date:mad: .

It has been almost 3 months since the accident but my insurance company tells me that the 3rd party insurance have not admitted liabilty yet:( .

How long do the 3rd party insurance have to admit liabilty or deny it?
Thanks for looking.

Comments

  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'd have tried my best to hold on to the hire car.

    Did you take any pictures or have any witnesses? Do you have legal expenses cover on your insurance?
  • Shoshannah
    Shoshannah Posts: 667 Forumite
    Not Churchill is it? I never got my money off them when one of their customers ran into the back of me. :(
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,921 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Do you have legal expenses cover?
    The man without a signature.
  • yasmeen_2
    yasmeen_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Yes I have legal cover and I have aslo appointed a solicitor.My insurace company is insureyourmotor and the 3rd party insurance is AIG.I rang up my insurance and asked them why it was taking so long and what are they doing about it?.I was told 2 days before that,the 3rd party insurance cant make a comment on liability.This morning I was told that my insurance have sent out a payment request to the 3rd party insurance and have gave them a deadline of 13th June to payup.

    There were witnesses but I was assured by the other driver,that I didnt need them because he gave me all his details including name,address,reg and phone number and he admitted fault.I dont have any photos of the accident as I have a prehistoric mobile phone with no camera.
    Thanks for looking.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,921 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    yasmeen wrote: »
    Yes I have legal cover and I have aslo appointed a solicitor.My insurace company is insureyourmotor and the 3rd party insurance is AIG.I rang up my insurance and asked them why it was taking so long and what are they doing about it?.I was told 2 days before that,the 3rd party insurance cant make a comment on liability.This morning I was told that my insurance have sent out a payment request to the 3rd party insurance and have gave them a deadline of 13th June to payup.

    That's good. At least some deadlines have been set.
    There were witnesses but I was assured by the other driver,that I didnt need them because he gave me all his details including name,address,reg and phone number and he admitted fault.

    Ooooh! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Always take down names and addresses of witnesses. The 3rd party could easily dispute liability later. Never believe what a salesman or someone you don't know say. Sounds like the main reason for the delay is that the 3rd party hasn't submitted a claim and his insurers have no idea of the incident. Most people like this only get a move on when your solicitors slap them with a County Court Claim and suddenly they want a their insure to cover them after all.
    The man without a signature.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.