We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Just been done for speeding!!

john2303
john2303 Posts: 110 Forumite
I have just had notification that I was caught doing 90 in a 70 zone - what will i get in terms of points?
«1

Comments

  • wooders
    wooders Posts: 159 Forumite
    ACPO policy - 3 points £60 fine.. the points are active for 3 years but stay on your licence for 4 years.

    Not too far over to be summonsed to court or disqualified...

    Unless you have totted up 9 points already
    One day I'll be rich me tells ya.....rich.....hahaha:D
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    john2303 wrote: »
    I have just had notification that I was caught doing 90 in a 70 zone - what will i get in terms of points?

    Your brave asking that on here! I'll get my tin helmet on and take cover.

    Agree with wooders 3 points and £60
  • john2303
    john2303 Posts: 110 Forumite
    just got 3 points on my license - really gutted!!
  • tonyfaestoney
    tonyfaestoney Posts: 301 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    john2303 wrote: »
    just got 3 points on my license - really gutted!!

    And so you should be, totally irresponsible :mad:

    Well it will add to the other 3 points you have, hope that this will finally be a lesson to you :mad:
  • wooders
    wooders Posts: 159 Forumite
    ......and let the slaughter begin....
    One day I'll be rich me tells ya.....rich.....hahaha:D
  • john2303
    john2303 Posts: 110 Forumite
    And so you should be, totally irresponsible :mad:

    Well it will add to the other 3 points you have, hope that this will finally be a lesson to you :mad:


    I work with this guy so disregard his comments
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    I think you should be safe from a MSE slaughtering.

    It's if you drink drive or have no insurance you're best running to the hills! :D
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    I think the fact that the op has confessed and simply asked a question might save the shrapnel flying.
    It seems to be the people who've been caught, fined, points on licence etc. and maintain it wasn't their fault and the whole world is against them who seem to get the flak?! Rightly so.
    There's still time though, tin hats at the ready.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Riq wrote: »
    I think you should be safe from a MSE slaughtering.

    It's if you drink drive or have no insurance you're best running to the hills! :D

    In a 70 limit..yeah. DC or M'Way both designed as high speed roads. Only 10MPH over the limit in France. If it were a 30 or 40 limit though...
  • manic_saver
    manic_saver Posts: 97 Forumite
    john2303 wrote: »
    just got 3 points on my license - really gutted!!

    Could of been worse though, you could of had your licence taken away! Now thats what you call gutted.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.