We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Installing elec supply to new flat so expensive!
I have just split my home into a basement flat and ground floor flat, so will need a new electricity supply in the basement flat.
I got a quite from the electricity board and it's nearly £3000!!!! They propose to pull new cables from the other side of the road somewhere. Is there any way I can get this done cheaper?
Thanks,
Kam
I got a quite from the electricity board and it's nearly £3000!!!! They propose to pull new cables from the other side of the road somewhere. Is there any way I can get this done cheaper?
Thanks,
Kam
0
Comments
-
Not sure if you can pay somebody else to do the muscle work.
It usually it isn't just a case of tee-ing off from the existing supply because the cable (as originally installed) would have been rated for the single dwelling not 2 dwellings.
MP
I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.:cool:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards