We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Gas Bill!!!!!

13»

Comments

  • Scousebird_2
    Scousebird_2 Posts: 811 Forumite
    That is not unusual for 8 hrs usage. I use my gas boiler for about half your time and I pay approx £30.00 a month by D/D so you are about right.
    Loan-£3600 only 24 months of payments to go!!!
    All debt consolodated and cards destroyed!!
    As D'Ream would sing 'Things.....can only get better'!!!
  • Paulos77
    Paulos77 Posts: 693
    Part of the Furniture
    Forumite
    May be a dumb question, but have you given them any readings lately??

    Just mention it because that would imply (assuming they refund any credit say annually) that you are using only £210 worth of energy/standing charges per year...

    The standing charge (or equivilant in tier 1 units) would come to between £100 and £150 :confused:

    MP

    Yeah a put I reading in just before christmas and I caught the meter guy about a month ago who took the latest readings. I have my heating on for about 2hrs in the morning and about 4 hours at night. Well thats during the winter, but through the summer I never use the heating. I turn it off. The gas still comes on for hot water etc though. So thats maybe how my cost is kept down.
    Comping again
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.