Car Accident Insurance Claim :(

Options
Hi All,

I was just in a car accident where the other driver went straight into the back of me - I jumped on the brakes and he went into the back of me as the lights changed.

He seems like a nice person but when I called the police they basically said to exchange details and call the insurance -

Now what happens if he changes his mind and claims I reversed into him? Or he was not there in the first place?

Some damage was done to the buumped and the bumper might need to be replaced at the back - Any rough idea how much this would cost?

What is advice for when being in an accident? Always look for a witness?

Comments

• Oscar_The_Grouch
    Oscar_The_Grouch Posts: 2,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

On the basis that you were coming up to some traffic lights, I don't think you have to worry. Leave this in the hands of your insurers, give them a clear description of the accident and if you can take a photo of the location (take a passenger in the car with you and they can snap off a couple of shots as you drive along if there is nowhere to stop) then do so.

Sit back and wait to see if the other person is honest. Believe it or not, there are still some of us that will admit they were in the wrong. Otherwise, you should have legal expenses insurance with your motor policy - use it!!
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport