A pat on the back for BP

Options
Whilst trying to redeem a bonus Nectar points voucher for 100 Nectar points at a BP garage recently - the staff refused to accept it saying they were not a BP garage. This was despite the whole place being painted up in BP colours and logos and the fact they accepted my Nectar card for the purchase of petrol.

I emailed BP from their website with details of the garage and ask whether ths garage was a BP garage.

The same day I had back an auto reply shortly, which, afterwards was followed by a short reply saying the garage were wrong and they were making further enquiries.

2 days a later a letter arrived apologising and offering me 500 Nectar points for bringing this to their attention.

I think that's good customer service.

Well done to BP. It shows that not all giant organisations have lost touch with the little things in life.

Comments

• Davidboy
    Options
    What on earth are you doing still buying petrol at such a rip off price, the BP closest to us is STILL charging 99.9p for a litre of Diesel, & 96.9p for petrol. Rip off merchants
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • Silent_Bob_3
    Options
    Maybe they have no choice?

I avoid BP like the plague myself though unless I'm desperate and then I only put enough in to get me to Sainsburys where I can still collect my Nectar points at a cheaper price.
    Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Snoochie Boochies
  • cougar_3
    Options
    Shame that 500 nectar points isn't worth anything!
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to speak out of turn, but I am still rather a newbie when it comes to Nectar points, having had the card only for a little while. I have just over 400 points on it at the moment.

What exactly can I get for these points? I know that 500 are worth £2.50 off Sainsbury shopping, but are there more worthwhile uses? Please note that I do not have a car (sold it years ago as I don't need it in the middle of London).

Thanks!
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • cougar_3
    Options
    The best way to spend nectar points is to use them against flights on their website, and select the option using the fewest nectar / most cash option. Elsewhere they're worth £2.50 (except adams for kids which is £5 I think)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure