Credit Card "Freezing"

Options
Hello to everyone on this amazing site, my wife & i have had so much help & advice from the threads on here but one questio (among many) seems to not be approached, that is the question of freezing credit card interest.

We have a MINT card an EGG card a BarclayCard & a Natwest card, all with extortionate rates of interest. We wrote to all of them requesting that they reduce the interest - B'card were the only ones who actually replied with a 50% drop, we then of course wrote to them saying thank you and could they drop it sdown even more - which they also aggreed to do, we are now sitting at 6.3% it IS possible to reduce the interest with a letter explaining your circumstance and being honest with them and making active decisions to get out of debt, we allso included a statement of means form - very important as it breaks down your incomings & outgoings.

What we are in the middle of doing is seeing whether we can freeze the interest on our credit cards without going to a Debt management organisation or an IVA. We are comfortable with the idea of being in bad credit for the following 5 years after we have paid it off because we are paying £60 per month to MINT and the min payment is £56, the interest is £44, that makes me physically sick.

Please please please please :money: show us another way of doing this as we want to clear our debt as quick as we can, we got married 2 tears ago & between us had around £30k debt, we now have 19k, we are making big steps in our lifestyle & food etc to get out of this noose, and we would like to stay away from Debt Management - because they also charge interest & you can only pay a set amoubnt - unless you know of a company that doesn't and can allow you to pay off as much off your debt as possible.

Thank you so much for reading this - i look forward to hearing some resonses.

Comments

• vwman_3
    vwman_3 Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya and welcome, I think your best option is to re-post on the debt free board, you are far more likely to get some good advice there. good luck.
    Aiming to be debt free....but still off target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport