We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Does anyone have a spreadsheet for gas/elec that they'd like to share?!

tigs78
tigs78 Posts: 539 Forumite
I've been reading through the posts on this section and a few people seem to have spreadsheets for their meter readings and consumption. Does anyone have one that they'd like to share?! I'm fine with entering data into a spreadsheet but don't think I'd be able to 'make' my own!

Thanks :)

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Newbie
    edited 9 October 2009 at 10:21AM
    tigs78 wrote: »
    I've been reading through the posts on this section and a few people seem to have spreadsheets for their meter readings and consumption. Does anyone have one that they'd like to share?! I'm fine with entering data into a spreadsheet but don't think I'd be able to 'make' my own!

    Thanks :)

    Ask and ye shall receive...

    http://lomjar.myby.co.uk/misc/docs/energy%20consumption.xls

    Note, my gas meter is measured in hundreds of cubic feet, not cubic meters. If yours is measured in cubic meters, let me know and I'll edit the spreadsheet for you. I've coloured yellow the fields that are supposed to be edited manually (i.e. not derived by calculation), though I may not have marked them all. :)

    I can also provide OpenOffice / NeoOffice versions if required.
  • tigs78
    tigs78 Posts: 539 Forumite
    Thanks Marvin - that looks ace! I use openoffice but I opened that just fine - my gas is in m3 though so if you could edit it that would be fantastic.

    Thank you so much :)
  • Done! :) (Same link as above.)
  • tigs78
    tigs78 Posts: 539 Forumite
    That's brilliant, very kind of you :)
  • tigs78
    tigs78 Posts: 539 Forumite
    Just one quick question...

    In the meter readings section I've changed the 'tier 1' and 'tier 2' figures to my prices X & Y ( I have no standing charge and am charged X for the first 900kwh then Y for any further units of elec - same for gas X for up to 4572 kWh then Y) but wondered what the 'T1 kWh' columns were for? On the elec one the figure pre-written in is 75 and on the gas it's 381. Can't figure out what that figure is or whether it affects the calculations :o
  • It's the amount of power you get charged at Tier 1 for a given time period. You may need to adjust them depending on your supplier. Those figures are based upon Tier 1 annual figures of 900kWh for electricity and 4572kWh for gas. If your figures are different, you'll need to alter those columns accordingly. I'm afraid you have to enter those manually as I didn't do any fancy calculations for those!
  • tigs78
    tigs78 Posts: 539 Forumite
    Ah, I get it now! That's what my figures are anyway so it's ideal - thanks for all your help :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.