Insurance

Options
hello all,
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong board.
I am trying to find an online quote for our business(restaurant)but do not know which companies do them as I dont want to go via an insurance broker.
any suggestions/ideas etc would be much appreciated.
I have done my car insurance and home insurance via the net and have saved almost £600!!!
Thankyou in advance.

Wacs xxxx
Assalamu alaikum. May Allahs blessings be upon you

Comments

• Oscar_The_Grouch
    Oscar_The_Grouch Posts: 2,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think Direct Line have started doing this:

http://www.directlineforbusiness.co.uk/

Whether they are any good or not, I wouldn't want to say.

Premierline Direct seem to offer a 10% saving guarantee:

http://www.premierlinedirect.co.uk/scripts/servlet.cgi?page=products/restaurant/index.html

This is not a company I know anything about, so I cannot recommend them.

As a business owner, I am sure you will agree that the cheapest is not always the best. I would always prefer to see business insurance transacted by a broker, but perhaps I am just too "old school"!!
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • mattymoo
    mattymoo Posts: 2,417 Forumite
    Options

As a business owner, I am sure you will agree that the cheapest is not always the best. I would always prefer to see business insurance transacted by a broker, but perhaps I am just too "old school"!!

Me too.
    Commercial insurance is a great deal more complex than domestic and you need to be aware of things like policy warranties and conditions. Some insurers apply these willy nilly and a good broker will pull them up on this and ensure you are aware of all the terms and conditions.

Remember also that when you buy as a business, you have no consumer protection such as that offered by the financial ombudsman service. You are assumed to be entering into a contract on equal bargaining terms.

Finally, you will be responsible for setting the sum insured and woe betide you if you get it wrong. The insurers will apply a thing called "average" and you will receive a pittance. Average used to apply to domestic policies and still does in some cases but now most have moved over to high, fixed sums insured to avoid this problem.
  • welshasiancheapskate
    Options
    thankyou all
    Assalamu alaikum. May Allahs blessings be upon you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business