Aktiv Kapital (UK) - Who Are They?

Options

Comments

• sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes i would like to say thanks for the information on this forum. It's been very valuable!!! :D
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sutton111 wrote: »
    I had never heard about Statute Barred until this forum.

Surprising, really, that companies like Mackenzie Hall, Connaught and 1st Credit don't add a sentence to their letters, along the lines of:
    'This debt may be Statute Barred, unenforceable through the courts through lack of correct documentation, or otherwise uncollectable - please do not make any offers of payment until you have explored these options.'
    Strange that they don't. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • MummyJilly
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am new to posting but read the forum and the previous people on this thread has helped me loads so thank you first of all :)

I have sent Activ Kapital the letter with the £1 postal order and requesting to see the credit report (like other people in this thread I have no clue what they are talking about and my credit file is finally clear!!). They have sent me a letter back asking me to call them to resolve the issue!

Obviously I am not going to call them as I want to keep in contact via letter to them.

Can someone please tell me what I should do next? Looks like they have banked my postal order and not bothered with my request :(

Thanks all xx
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    They have 12(+2) working days to comply with your request for the credit agreement.

When did you send the letter?
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • MummyJilly
    Options
    GeorgeUK wrote: »
    They have 12(+2) working days to comply with your request for the credit agreement.

When did you send the letter?

I sent the original letter on 27th January.
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    So on about the 17th February if you haven't received a copy of the CCA then the debt is in dispute and unenforcable. Until then, jsut wait and see if anything comes through the post - as you said, don't phone them.

If they do not supply a copy of the CCA (they have a legal obligation to do so), then send the 12+2 day letter reminding them of their obligations and stating your intention to report them to the regulatory bodies.

Just to check, this is for a debt covered by the Consumer Credit Act, isn't it - credit card, loan or HP but not an overdraft?
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • MummyJilly
    Options
    Ok I will hold out until then.

I dont think its for an overdraft. Thing is I thought I had cleared all my debts so I really cant figure out what this is.

So when it goes past the 17th what do I do then?

Many thanks
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a letter on friday quoting the "we'd love to help you pay this money back" letter that they send out. I've got the Statute Barred letter printed out (in blue cos black ink run out on printer) and will be posted today.
  • blade771
    Options
    Thanks for the summary of the Aktiv Captial letters. I had thought they were standard letters. I am not sure what to do next aside from sit and wait. My main concern is I have a very pregnant wife and do not want to cause any undue concern / stress etc so would therefore like to get closure on this. I am also aware though that these people will try and do everything they can to pin stuff on you.

As mentioned before I have sent the Statute Barred letter and in the light of the letters sent back to me am unsure as to what the next step should be. I am happy to write a reply but am also concerned that I might say something I will regret (more along the lines of writing something incorrectly rather than using the expletives I would like to use!!)

Can anyone suggest a format for another letter or should I just leave it at that?

Thanks

Blade771
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family