Aktiv Kapital (UK) - Who Are They?

Options

Comments

• bestyman
    bestyman Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    buzby316 wrote: »
    It means there's more chance of the letter going missing, as it's being treated as "normal mail" at least when using special delivery, it's kept separate from other mail, & almost impossible to get lost.

If it does go missing ( highly unlikely) claim compensation from the Royal mail, print off another letter and send it again. Its not as if the letter is urgent.

But, your decision. You keep paying £4.95 and I will keep paying 75p + 1st class stamp = total £1.14. This is a money saving site after all.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.It`s strange so many people choose to be rude and stupid.
  • buzby316
    buzby316 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    bestyman wrote: »
    If it does go missing ( highly unlikely) claim compensation from the Royal mail, print off another letter and send it again. Its not as if the letter is urgent.

But, your decision. You keep paying £4.95 and I will keep paying 75p + 1st class stamp = total £1.14. This is a money saving site after all.

Over the past few years, I've had quite a few recorded items go missing, so it does happen. You then have the extra cost of printing another letter & envelope, including the hassle. Might not be much, but if this were to happen as often to you as it has me, then the extra postal charges, are cheaper than having to reprint letters & phoning up companies to debate a letter going missing, which they probably won't believe anyway.

We obviously agree it's really down to personal choice, I just feel it "might" make a bigger impact on the recipient to use special delivery.
  • Ricky38_2
    Options
    Hi all,

I need some advice,

I have just received a letter from AK after I asked recently for a copy of my signed consumer credit agreement which says that due to the age of my account the can't get a copy of said agreement.
    I had been paying a token to this debt every month, and they said
    Quote "your last monthly payment would be deemed your admission of liability in this matter".
    Is this true? am I obliged to continue my token payments?
    AK can't even tell me what the debt is for!
    The debt is also obviously old as well
    Your advise please.

Ricky.
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you pay the £1 fee to ask for your credit agreement they don't take this as you have made a payment do they? Just want to make sure before i send the letter off to them muppets.
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    sutton111 - if you use the template letter stating that the £1 is the fee for the CCA request, they shouldn't try to put that towards the balance. If they do they are in the wrong. There are other template letters available to shout at them if they do this. With the £1 payment, you are not admitting liability for the debt or making a payment towards it.

Ricky38 - they are basicallyadmitting that they don't have a copy of the CCA, but want you to continue paying anyway. It's not a question of liability - you are asking if the debt is enforcable by requesting a copy of the CCA. As they do not have a CCA, then the answer is the debt is unenforcable. Until the debt becomes enforcable, payment need not be made.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • sutton111
    Options
    GeorgeUK wrote: »
    sutton111 - if you use the template letter stating that the £1 is the fee for the CCA request, they shouldn't try to put that towards the balance. If they do they are in the wrong. There are other template letters available to shout at them if they do this. With the £1 payment, you are not admitting liability for the debt or making a payment towards it.

Thanks for that Geroge.

Do i make the payment on the postal order to them and get it crossed or leave it blank?

Shall i perhaps ask for the CCA without the £1 included and just miss that bit out on the template or is that a bad idea?
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Options
    If you don't provide the £1 payment then it is not legally binding for them to provide a copy of the CCA as the fee has not been paid. So that would be a bad idea and a waste of a stamp.

I would make the payment on the PO to them - if they return it, keep the receipt so you can get your money back.

Don't forget - never provide anything with your signature to a DCA. Either on a letter or cheque.
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • sutton111
    Options
    Thanks once again for your help!

I will send them the £1 on a postal order on Monday with the covering template letter.
  • Behindhand??
    Options
    Hello Ladies and Gents.

Just joined the messageboard but have been following advice for about a month now. The advice and help has been fantastic thus far, thank you all.

I am in the process of dealing with these Activ muppets and I am at the stage of awaiting a copy of the CCA having sent a letter and a £1 Postal Order. I think I should draft a copy of the 12+2 letter ready to send, as if what I have read here looks like they follow a set pattern with everyone!

They have yet to prove to me that I am the person that owes money to GE Capital Bank, as I have never had any dealings with them.

Activ Kapital have found my name and address via the Electoral register, or a name that is similar to one they are looking for!

I realize that there are set things I have to do to try and get these clowns off my back, it is just so annoying as I have a lot more important things to worry about than this Harassment.

I know this is a very long thread and forgive me if I have missed the info but has anyone got a good letter I could use to the OFT or TS?
  • Ricky38_2
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been told by a DCA that they can't get a copy of my signed consumer credit agreement and therefore I consider the debt is unenforceble.
    Could anyone send me the properly worded response letter I should now send them to say the debt is now unenforcable under the law and that I will not be sending any more monthly payments.

Thanks, Ricky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport