Aktiv Kapital (UK) - Who Are They?

Options

Comments

• ghengis_2
    Options
    Has anyone else had dealings with Aktiv Kapital i would be intrested to read the outcomes of your stories ?

I have been trying to deal with these people for over 2 years !! they have been harassing me about a debt they claim is for returned direct debits on an account I paid in full in 2002 the only proof offered is a screen dump containing no account number or name !! .Every request for more info is met with the same deliberate misinterpretation of what you have stated or asked for hoping to wear you down they continually request proof that I have paid it when I dispute it in the first place according to the screen dump some months charges were made twice for the same failed direct debit !!instead of sending proof requested by me ie original agreement they just reply with requests for my bank statements covering this period for me to prove I have paid it !!when a proof of assignment of the debt is requested they respond by sending a copy dated the same day as the letter it is attached to stating this is due to it being printed from file ???In my experience these people are extremley difficult to deal with and have little or no regard for the law relying on threats and bullying to reclaim debts that cannot be substantiated.On searching other forums it would seem that they are well known already to trading standards in Chester and that complaints to their voluntary watchdog are useless as they have no real power to do anything.The companys that use these people should hang their heads in shame for dealing with such vultures
  • Crippler_2
    Options
    I am very grateful to all of you that have posted here. I recieved an Urgent Final Demand letter Today from Debt Managers Ltd on behalf of Aktiv Kapital, stating that I owned them £385.34 for a barclays debt.

I rung them up straight away and asked what it was for, they said it was for either an unpaid dd, bank charges, etc. They could not even tell me what it was for. I told them I would ring barclays to find out.

I then rang barlcays, after about twenty minutes of trying to get through to the right department, they eventually said it was for a debt I owed back in 1996, 11 years ago!!!!

They said that they had nothing to do with this anymore and it was a matter to be dealt with by Aktiv. I cheked my credit record and there is nothing on there about it either. I will give the Citizens advice beau a call next and see how I get on.

I have to make an appointment to see them so I will send the letter mentioned in these previous threads. Thanks again all.

The best of it is, that the debt was originally generated by a so called friend of mine stealing my card and cheque book and going on a spending spree, as I reported it late, had no money till I got paid in two weeks, they said I had to be responsible for some of the debt. I told them then, that I would not be paying that as I did not spend it. I moved shortly after and have not heard anying in 11 years until today!!!!!!!!! I even have a current account and credit card with barclays!!!!!!!!!!
  • sharonpoole
    Options
    I am still waiting for Activ Kapital to get back to me since i sent them a letter stating the debt was statute barred they said immediately they were investgating it but does anyone have any idea how long they have to do this ?
  • bestyman
    bestyman Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I today recieved a letter from a debt collection agancy . I have read threads on the 2 letters that I could send ( statute barred for over 6 years and the other requesting credit files) but not sure which letter to send as not sure how old the debt is although Im sure its more than 5 years. Can I send both letters and cover all my options that way ?
    Also, if I request the credit agreement what are the chance of them coming up with it ( from a bank )
    Thanks
    On the internet you can be anything you want.It`s strange so many people choose to be rude and stupid.
  • Gasping4air
    Options
    Try the following letter...
    :rotfl: :beer:
    To say that I want to say "thank you" for finding this post is an understatement.

I spent the 80's and 90's servicing debt - in the end I sent a final payment to everyone I owed money to saying that I couldn't manage it anymore as it consumed my life. I told them that I now considered the obligation fulfilled.

Finally, I am in a situation where my life has normalised...no, become very sorted. I have a house, a car and two gorgeous kids. We live on a tight budget but we are (so I thought) debt free.

Today I got a letter from Thames Credit citing a debt I owed to Aktiv Kaptial for fourteen thousand pounds from an MBNA credit card. The last contact I had with MBNA was in July 1999...and the debt was £5,000ish!

I have printed my letter and it will go off to Thames tomorrow morning.

This morning I was considering trying to find ways to repay it all and worrying about food and clothing for my children. Now I am looking forward to being very curt with the people when they phone me up. :D
  • Crippler_2
    Options
    I recieved a letter back from the debt collectors a few weeks back, sorry it has taken so long to post a follow up. They have now informed me that they have investigated the debt and that it will be removed from there files and sent back to aktiv.

My advice to all, is that if the debt is over 6 years old and you have not made any attempt to pay it or had any communication with the company involved, you legally do not have to pay it.

Send the six year letter and tell them to stick where the sun don't shine, on second thoughts do not include that last part in the letter!!!!

These companys send final demands and use harrasing phone calls to try to scare people in to paying the debt, DO NOT communicate with these agencies by phone, just send them the 6 year letter by recorded delivery and amend the letter details, then just sit and wait for a reply.

Thanks all once again.
  • Crippler_2
    Options
    bestyman wrote:
    I today recieved a letter from a debt collection agancy . I have read threads on the 2 letters that I could send ( statute barred for over 6 years and the other requesting credit files) but not sure which letter to send as not sure how old the debt is although Im sure its more than 5 years. Can I send both letters and cover all my options that way ?
    Also, if I request the credit agreement what are the chance of them coming up with it ( from a bank )
    Thanks

I personally would not send them all the letters as once, as this gives out a clear message that you are not sure yourself of the situation.

I would send them the six year letter first and wait for there reply, if they then come back and say it is five years, I would then send them another letter asking for proof of the debt. Take it one step at a time and make sure you send the letters recorded delivery.
  • Crippler_2
    Options
    I am still waiting for Activ Kapital to get back to me since i sent them a letter stating the debt was statute barred they said immediately they were investgating it but does anyone have any idea how long they have to do this ?

It took about a 1 to 2 weeks to get the response back from the agency that was dealing with mine.

I am not sure what the legal response time is, I would say it is most likely 30 days.
  • bestyman
    bestyman Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to say thanks for all the help Ive had from the site regarding this.
    Welcome to above newbies to the site, please keep in touch and let us know how you go on .
    On this site we dont only write to debt collection companies we also, erm, collect clubcard points too ( well at least I do anyway) . Must have saved thousands £££..
    On the internet you can be anything you want.It`s strange so many people choose to be rude and stupid.
  • Hi All,

I have a situation I wanted some advice on. 4 Years ago I recieved a letter from Aktiv Kapital in regards to an outstanding balance from Comet (Time Retail Finance) due to unemployment. As the outstanding amout was valid I duly paid Aktiv Kapital, But before they had even written to me requesting the money they had registered a default against me.

I have never recieved a default notice from Either Time Retail Finance or Aktiv Kapital (the default on my account is shown as being Registed by AK not TRF).

I was going to write to AK to see if they would remove it as the proper protocol was not followed (and its paid so it makes no difference to them) I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a similar situation?

If I can get this removed I will have a virtually unblemished record!

Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport