Travel insurance with medical conditions

Options
Does anyone know of a good company that isn't going to rip me off because I have a couple of medical conditions (that if were bad enough to make me ill, would not allow me to travel).

Main problem is a liver condition (schlerosing cholangitis) which is classed as an acute condition, but it hasn't changed for five years, does not require treatment, and is not going to 'suddenly' become a problem.

Most companies want over £3,000 :confused: to cover me for trips to the USA (three weeks this year) and Lapland (short trip for Son's wedding :beer:).

Comments

• Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I have two medical conditions - namely uveitis and glaucoma (both eye diseases). I managed to get cover from FlexiCover Direct (via MSE to be truthful) I got an annual policy - can't remember the precise cost but it wasn't excessive. However the wording on my policy is:

Pre-existing medical conditions are NOT covered under this policy. Claims directly or indirectly relating to known pre-existing medical conditions affecting any close relative, travelling companion or person with whom you intend to stay are excluded.

A pre-existing medical condition is defined as:
    any past or current medical condition that has given rise to symptoms for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow-up/check-up has been required or received during the 2 years prior to the commencement of cover under this policy and/or prior to any trip.
    any cardio-vascular or circulatory condition (e.g. heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke) that has occurred at any time prior to commencement of cover under this policy and/or any trip.

I can remember that I actually spoke to them about my conditions and how I have travelled before without any complications. I accept that these conditions are not covered by my policy.

Hope this helps?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport