We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

car written off - confused over V5

kirei
kirei Posts: 151 Forumite
My car I've had 10 years has just been written off in an accident and I've had the letter asking me to send my documents to the insurer. However they say I should send section 9 (yellow) to the DVLA straight away to notify them. On section 9 it says both of us have to sign it - can someone advise me if it's OK that they aren't signing it? I'm sure this must have happened to someone on here before
Thanks in advance x

Comments

  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Yeah it's fine if they don't sign it. DVLA are aware that it can be hard for an insurance company to sign. As long as you put their details (name/address), date of disposal and your signature that will be fine.

    You should get a letter confirming disposal within 4 weeks.

    HTH

    x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

    * Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • The DVLA can't actually enforce the signing of any part of the V5.
    I was shocked when they told me that in training!
    ;)I am not a complete idiot - some parts are missing;)


This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.