Is It Safe To Send Item

I have received payment for an item and when I chose view order details I had a strange message. It basically send that the buyer had recently changed or deleted their address and I should confirm with buyer if address shown was correct. Well I have sent an email to the buyer asking him if the address shown on order details is correct but no reply. Should I just send the address I can see in order details or wait for buyer to confirm (which he might not do). Im not asking this question from a safety point as view but I just dont want to send to the wrong address and then get into a non received item dispute.

Comments

• steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You should always send the the address on paypal if that was the payment method.
  • brownbabygirl
    brownbabygirl Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    and send it via recorded post only 70pence extra
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I had a similar message the other day, and when I contacted the buyer she had no idea what ebay was talking about, as the address was correct and she hadn't moved recently. I'd give it a bit longer for confirmation off the buyer, if I were you.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • brownbabygirl
    brownbabygirl Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    someone may have hacked into the buyer account. :-(
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Even sending it recorded to a non verified address will not assist you in a non receipt claim. Id wait for a response.
  • pdel61
    pdel61 Posts: 940 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    and send it via recorded post only 70pence extra

Please don't bother wasting 70p on recorded. If the item is under £36 get a certificate os posting and if it goes missing just claim from RM. If it's over £36 send it special delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure