Special Resolution - Amend Articles of Assoc

Options
Hi all,

I have been trying to download a template/example of what a Special Resolution should look like with little success. Can anyone provide an example/link? We want to delete a few words from our existing articles, as we no longer want to keep a company secretary.

Thanks!
Raj

Comments

• braken2000
    braken2000 Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is a special resolution? Is it a change to your articles of association?
  • fengirl_2
    fengirl_2 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Options
    'It was resolved to delete...wording..from the Articles.'
    You may also need to look at the Memorandum in case it refers to a Company Secretary anywhere.
    £705,000 raised by client groups in the past 18 mths :beer:
  • abd08
    abd08 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    A special resolution is required when making certain changes. In my case, as we want to amend the articles of association (will check the memorandums too!!!), one has to be passed.

Is there anything in addition to the wording you've given me fengirl, or just literally fill that in and file it (we are our own registered office)?

Thanks,
    Raj
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Companies House have a special resolution form for change of name - you can easily change it to suit your own needs:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/forms/generalForms/specialres.pdf
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you currently have a Company Secretary?

If yes, what is to happen to their employment? Are they going to resign? Are there employment consequences? (yes, if one is in place - and there should be one as you needed one prior to 6.4.2008)

To your original question, surely you can amend the AofA by written resolution, rather than Special Resolution at a meeting? :confused:

Finally, if you have no Co Sec, who is going to be responsible for all the Companies Act and other compliance currently undertaken by the Co Sec? If no-one specific is appointed, then it will fall directly to the Directors.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure