We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Wedding Dress Help

Options
ok i brought a wedding dress that was used once from ebay and since then things have happened now heavily pregnant so would like to sell it and not sure how to.
it really needs dry cleaning its only ever been tried on in my house once by my sister then put back in the bag so is still the same as when i first got it.
we have just got wedding rings and looking for a white dress for my bump so any advice on how to sell the other dress would be great its a burgundy and ivory/white sincerity dress style 2927 size 12 but fitted a size 10.
riley john born june 28th 2.35pm-8lb14.5 hour labour from waters to birth.

Comments

• Fourcandles_3
    Options
    Put it back on Ebay? Or local ads?
  • Gillianh2
    Gillianh2 Posts: 773 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well you could re-sell it thru e-bay. I would suggest an ad in your local paper but if it needs dry cleaning you might have some difficulty.:cool:

As for finding something nice to cover your Bump. BHS are doing some lovely dresses at the moment and are very very reasonably priced. In fact some have up to 50% off.:j
    Have you tried any local bridal shops who may have a sale on I know Pronuptia are reducing dresses all the time and always have a fairly large range of reasonably priced gowns.:j
    Or you could try TK Maxx, or Debenhams.
    Or is there anyway that the dress you have could be altered in any way to accomodate your bump?

let us know how you get on and dont forget to post some pics.
    :j I have a persecution complex. Everytime I pass a shoe shop they persecute me till I buy them:j
  • Emms
    Emms Posts: 956 Forumite
    Options
    I bought my dress off ebay and it was used once like yours. I sold it back on their after my wedding and got nearly what I paid for it back so thats prob your best option.

Emma
  • honeybe21
    honeybe21 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    well i was looking at just getting the £50 i paid back for it really,we have the interview at the registrars next thursday and then can set a date.
    ive banned anyone but very close family and friends no after do is planned its just going to be a very quiet affair tbh boring but its what we want.
    i will post pics (must remember to take a camera lol)
    im going to put in the local post office with ebay its the whole trucking it down the post office with spd thats not fun.
    i think it wud cost far to much to have it changed to fit me now or i would have done that.
    riley john born june 28th 2.35pm-8lb14.5 hour labour from waters to birth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport