We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ex friend

Options
basically i was friends with soemone, i started to distance myself because they where being too faced, talking to much of peoples personla business, doing and saying things i didnt like, a few off our mutal friends started to blank her. anyway i got the blame . i nikced all her friends , ive turned people against her. no all i did was tell her where she was goin wrong.

anyway now shes ringing pople i dont even really know, that im a grass, ive rang the dss on her and police and social services. they have come back and told me, told me, im best away from her. when she was saying this did she not realise she was telling them all her business. thats why people dont wanna know. please help, how can i stop her from trying to blacken my name. i think it must hurt her im getting on with my life without her..i dont wanna listen to her nonsense that why me and other friends have backed away
i will be debt free, i will

Comments

• *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Well, if they have come and told you what she has been saying, it stands to reason that they don't believe her and they support you.

I wouldn't worry about her blackening your name - sounds like she's only blackening her own. You still have your friends and hers are avoiding her.

Just forget about her and carry on with your own life.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    skintas wrote: »
    how can i stop her from trying to blacken my name

You can't. So just pretend she doesn't exist. Don't talk to her or about her at all. Move on. And next time, don't mix with such cheap scum.
  • yoni_one
    yoni_one Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    skintas wrote: »
    how can i stop her from trying to blacken my name. i think it must hurt her im getting on with my life without her..i dont wanna listen to her nonsense that why me and other friends have backed away

As Pasturesnew said, you cannot stop her from trying to blacken your name (at least without taking civil action that could be difficult to prove), but what you can do is put more faith and energy in considering the positive feedback you are getting from friends who are supporting you, and rise above it all.

If you enter into a fight with someone who you already know fights dirty you either beat them by resorting to their level or you lose.

Don't enter into the fight at all.
    Domestic Violence and Abuse 24hr freephone helpline for FEMALE TARGETS - 0808 2000 247.

For MALE TARGETS - 0808 801 0327.

Free legal advice on WOMEN'S RIGHTS - 020 7251 6577.
    PM me for further support / links to websites.
  • IWasWondering...
    Options
    Just ignore it.
    You can't win with people like her.
    If you run around shouting about what she's said she'll say "it must be true - or you wouldn't have kicked up a fuss."
    If you do nothing she'll say "it must be true - that's why you haven't kicked up a fuss."
    So your best bet is ignore it. Eventually she'll get fed up of getting no reaction whatsoever and leave you alone.
  • skintas_2
    skintas_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    thanx for the advice, you are all reight, i dont think she realises her behaviour is why no one wants to know her, and she is still carrying on. i am goin to ignore her, i know its not nice, but everytime she opens her mouth, she is putting her foot in it.i also believe if you cant say anything nice dont say nothing at all.
    i will be debt free, i will
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ignoring her is the best thing to do, as people like that aren't worth the time of day even worrying about!

She's just trying to provoke a reaction and get you angry, so don't give her the satisfaction!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • vicky_kidder
    Options
    Life is too short to let someone like this person affect you in any way. It's her with the problem, not you. Seriously, do not waste another second thinking of this lady, she doesn't deserve you thoughts. Put your energy into the people around you who love and care for you.

Remember - smile today, you don't know what tomorrow brings!
    Money Saved for a house deposit so far = July 2008 £3331.09, August £4396.40, September £5,048.37 (Target = £9,000 by July 2009) 56% there already!:j

If I have helped you in any way, please thank me! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family