We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Quick Amex qu - when does my cashback period start?

I have been accepted for the 5% introductory rate and have the card but haven't yet used it. I was told by Amex that the 3 month 'clock' would start ticking down from the first time I use my card. Do other people agree with this or should I ought to start spending on it right away?? Thanks

Comments

  • Swans1912
    Swans1912 Posts: 1,658 Forumite
    AMEX customer service from personal experience is very good and I would trust in what they said.

    However, read the t's and c's and see what you can pull up!

    PS: I started using mine right away!
  • bury_2
    bury_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Sorry to hijack ....I have just applied and been told I will know in 10 days. Do I assume I have been rejected?.
  • Swans1912
    Swans1912 Posts: 1,658 Forumite
    bury wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack ....I have just applied and been told I will know in 10 days. Do I assume I have been rejected?.

    No, I had the same 10 day wait and then got approved!
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    I have been accepted for the 5% introductory rate and have the card but haven't yet used it. I was told by Amex that the 3 month 'clock' would start ticking down from the first time I use my card. Do other people agree with this or should I ought to start spending on it right away?? Thanks

    AFAIK it starts from the account opening date. It has done on my previous AMEX cards.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.