🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

what happens to chargeback goods

Options
Hi
I bought a computer base off a company. It arrived and didnt work. On contacting the company I was told I had to deal with support @ 75p a minute. They werent interested and after loads of emails, calls, and speaking to their md I got nowhere. Visa sent me a complaint form as I rejected the goods. I also sent them a registered(signed) letter to this effect and giving them a set date to pick up the goods. Nothing happened. I was then asked to get a report from a local computer repairer and this has confirmed that the graphics card and motherboard are defective. I then found them on ebay and their reviews are terrible, but mostly make the people withdraw their comments or they wont get their mony back. My statement also came in to fins that they charged 580 instead of 540 as agreed.
A few questions
The visa company says it will chargeback the cost of the computer and report. Can they do this?
I am also 20 out of pocket on my phone bill - can anything be done about this?
What happens to the goods? I live on my own, and waited in all day having taken a day off work to facilitate their collection, and dont plan on doing this again.
Any help on the process appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family