Contents Insurance Problem - CHURCHILL paused claim

Options
Hi there - would be very grateful for any advice.

In a nut shell, Churchill approved my claim for accidental damage to our TV (cost £950 new 6 years ago) and passed me over to Homeserve for them to replace it. I have never encountered so many obstacles in my life, it's beyond a joke.

They wanted a report and said that their man would come out - it would take 2 weeks for the report. I told them that was not good enough, I can send them the report we have already (and paid £35 for). I faxed this to them. They couldn't accept it because they aren't vat registered. Spoke to churchill - they rang homserve and told them to stop being pedantic.

Homeserve then said they didn't like the report because it wasn't on headed paper (it was stamped and signed by the shop though with all of their details on the report). Again, churchill told them to stop being pedantic and get on with it.

Homeserve then didn't like the report because it had a black line down it from the fax machine. We faxed again, twice, still no good. We scanned and emailed it. Not received. We emailed again, not received. We uploaded to our webspace and sent them the link - FINALLY they received it. Not happy again, it's handwritten. They spoke to TWO people at Churchill, both confirmed that it would be acceptable to them for a handwritten report with the shops stamp on it.

Homeserve confirmed the claim was approved by them AND churchill and they offered us the equivalent today's TV value of £499.99 in vouchers at currys. I asked about the stand (this was integrated into the old TV) they said that had not been authorised, speak to churchill again. In the meantime, they authorise the vouchers, I pay the excess, vouchers will be with me within 3 days.

Rang churchill this morning having visited currys to view stands, cheapest one £169. They said they will pass the info on to homeserve to arrange for vouchers. Homeserve rang to say that the claim had been cancelled by churchill because they haven't had the TV report. !!!!!???????

Spoke to churchill, they said that they will not authorise the claim until they have seen the report themselves because homeserve have told them that there is a problem with it. ????!!!!!!!

Spoke to Homeserve who confirm that between 6pm and 12.30 today, someone had picked up the file, decided that they did not like the tv report, contacted Churchill to let me know and now we are stck in limbo. I told homeserve to refund my £100 excess (which they did) until they get is sorted out and am awaiting a call from a churchill manager to discuss as NOBODY can tell me what is actually wrong with the report, they just know it's a problem.

For the love of....

Are there any legal eagles out there that can offer me a little advice? I am still waiting on a phone call from a manager at Churchill, having spoken to a manager at homeserve who has says it is now in the hands of churchill as they are the ones that have put the claim on hold.

Sorry it's longwinded!!

Tango (and not much cash)

Comments

• mattymoo
    mattymoo Posts: 2,417 Forumite
    Options
    Right now you want a quick resolution to this long winded affair. Perhaps the most straightforward way is to get Churchill to tell Homeserve to send one of their people round to produce a report (which they wanted to do in the first place). Tell them you expect them to carry this out within say 7 days.

It does make you wonder why they could not have rung the shop that produced your report and done a little bit of research re the stand.
  • Steve1981
    Steve1981 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    homeserve and pedantic are two words that seem to share the same sentence on a regualar basis
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure