Prudential and quidco cashback

Options
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me out. Am pretty new to the whole cashback thing so my first purchase was for car insurance via prudential in sept last year, which has been paid since.

However, i said to my folks i would do their car insurance the same way just about 2-3 weeks ago and it is still coming up as tracked.

Does anyone know how long it takes to be validated? Or will they let me do it if it from the same merchant only six months apart?

Any advise appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You have broken quidco's rules by using your account for someone else.

Your folk's should open their own account, and pay their fiver like everyone else.
  • ochayethenoo
    Options
    That wasnt why i did it on my account-for the sake of a fiver man, it aint a big deal to be fair, it was just my folks arent computer literate so dont have an email or quidco. It didn't cross my mind that it would be breaking quidcos rules. I have only used it the once before (after a friend set it up for me) for prudential and that was last year so not too familiar with the workings of it.

If there is anyone who has any *useful* advice (not like the knob who replied before) with regard to what i should do-if i can cancel insurance and open up a new account in my folks name and then do it again or what would be the best plan?

Cheers
  • captain_planet
    Options
    Hi I used to work for an affiliate network (a network which merchants like Prud sign up to, and also affiliate sites like quidco), basically there is usually a 2 month wait before transactions are confirmed, merchants don't want to pay affiliate sites for orders which are then canceled, merchant has to pay affiliate network the commission, which in turn has to pay the affiliate site which generated the sale (quidco).

If you see the sale as tracked you will 95% of the time get the cashback, only if the sale is rejected by the merchant or network if it is suspected as fraud, there is plenty of fraud attempts going on in affiliate marketing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure