stupid question i know but maybe you can help

Options
Is there any way i can find out a cars license plate number or registered address if i only know the car make and area it is in?

reason being

my car was hit tuesday morning in the early hours. There is an enormaous dent in the door and huge scratches down the side which i was not best impressed about.
Well last night a witness came forward and told us she had seen the car and driver and that hse had said to him that he needed to hand his details to us (post them through the door/leave them on the windscreen etc but he jsut drove away.
She identified the car as a cream coloured sierra and said she sees it most mornings. at around 6.15 ish. She siad at 6.22 she watched it hit our car. It wasnt around this morning though as my boyfriend went out earlier than normal and sat waiting for the car to appear and it never did.
hes driven around aour local village and cannot fidn the car , ive been out walking with the dog and cannot find the car - i was jsut wondering if there was another way to find its number plate or location so we can go and report it to the police.

any help reatly appreciated
Making Changes To Save My Life
April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No - just keep your eyes peeled.

But how will you know the next cream sierra you see is the one??
  • Skippy2roo
    Skippy2roo Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    No - just keep your eyes peeled.

But how will you know the next cream sierra you see is the one??

I would imagine it is dented and has the same colour paint of the op's car all over it.
    There can't be too many cream sierras knocking about, in fact i can't remember the last time i saw a sierra ?
    Hello again
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would imagine it is dented and has the same colour paint of the op's car all over it.

That's true but they may also try to avoid driving past the OPs house at the same time every day.

You could try reporting it to the police.
    They will not do anything about searching for it, but it possible it may turn up in relation to another crime and then they would at least have your records.

Unfortunately I think you are probably going to have to claim this on your own insurance.
    Shame the neighbour didn't get the reg number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure