direct line

Options
hi can anyone help me, i was with directline feb07-feb08 paying by monthly instalments but cancelled my insurance in november, they told me i owe them £200, so i pay them £5 a week of the debt, went to insure with someone else but they wanted proof of ncd so i rang directline but they say that until the outstanding money is paid in full then i cant have proof of ncd is this right?

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    If you cancelled the policy, then you didn't earn any ncb for the year you were with them.

If you have ncb for previous years, and never made a claim on your directline policy, then it is that proof you will need.

Get that and send it to your current insurer with an explanation of why it is out of date. (ie because you have not earned another year - not because of your outstanding debt!)
  • raskazz
    raskazz Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt the new insurer will accept this as after the OP explains the situation they will then want proof that no claims were incurred whilst on the Direct Line policy.

For example, if the OP had max NCD with a previous insurer, it means nothing now as he or she could have made, say, 5 claims under the Direct Line policy, thereby reducing the NCD to zero.
  • pigibank
    Options
    i was also with them the previous year and have the renewal documents that states 5 years ncb, will this do as evidence of ncb?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can try sending it along with an explanation of why it is 14 months old, together with your declaration you are incident free since it was issued and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure