Is it me or is the site complete pants at the moment???

Options
Major delays loading pages, etc.

Comments

• Sofa_Sogood
    Options
    BFG wrote:

Not sure BFG because I'm on dial-up. But I've been getting the 'problem with database' message telling me that the problem's been e-mailed to admin (I can't remember the actual wording - sorry).

Edited to post the message that I'm getting, and in case MSE techies are reading ...

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Hope that helps?
  • ruiner99
    Options
    It's you, works fine for me, love this site.
    Hello Floor Make Me A Sandwich!
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    BFG wrote:

Yep...same for me - all evening..(on that new-fangled whizzy broadband too!)
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• Sofa_Sogood
    Options
    ruiner99 wrote:
    It's you, works fine for me, love this site.

Sorry ruiner99, but loving the site hasn't got anything to do with the site having the odd glitch now and then.

BFG? There's usually a post from admin when it goes a bit iffy ... maybe not many people are experiencing the same problem?
  • Mr_Skint_2
    Mr_Skint_2 Posts: 5,183 Forumite
    Options
    Hey peeps its a tad slow, a lot of users, dont forget every hour on the hour
    it slows down for about a minute as I think the servers reset/refresh themselve's
    and Martin does know about this.
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=20556

Maybe better to resurrect an old post?
  • greenwich
    greenwich Posts: 8,044 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have been mentioned in The Times and The Guardian this week (the Tesco roast beef thing) so we may have gained a lot of new visitors. The atrocious response times tonight will probably drive them away so things should be back to normal soon! :)
    Eh?? I give up!! Towel is getting thrown in here! :D
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Options
    greenwich wrote:
    We have been mentioned in The Times and The Guardian this week (the Tesco roast beef thing) so we may have gained a lot of new visitors. The atrocious response times tonight will probably drive them away so things should be back to normal soon! :)

The Times AND The Guardian? :eek:

Woo hooo :D

(Shame I missed the offer/s :( ... )
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I do get the message re email been sent to Techies etc occasionally but the site seems to be running pretty good.

Sofa-Sogood,

The beef offer is still on, till 6th September isn't it. If you can't get the beef one at 65p, next cheapest is the chicken one at £1. I got some the other day.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Options
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    I do get the message re email been sent to Techies etc occasionally but the site seems to be running pretty good.

Sofa-Sogood,

The beef offer is still on, till 6th September isn't it. If you can't get the beef one at 65p, next cheapest is the chicken one at £1. I got some the other day.

Thanks Smiley_Mum, I'll check the posts out now. Haven't read the posts (thinking I'd missed it), but sounds good to me.

Off to open another window :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport