Make Me Rich 4 - a triple whammy! Blog Discussion

Options
Click reply to discuss Martin's blog here.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Ivenofinmoney
    Options
    Any idea when this will be shown ?

Whilst I wouldn't want to spoil the show, I'd be very keen to know where you plugged the gap, as it Sounds very similar to us...

we had twins in February (with a 2 year old already in tow) - our 1st was born 3 months prem, so when we discovered we were having twins the docs put my wife on complete bed rest, we had to wind up the business my wife had started 12 months earlier and lost the money we had invested in that.

Whilst my Sallary is comfortable, over the past 12 months we have gone from £5k saved in the bank to owing £3k on Credit Cards (0% at the moment).

This problem only seems to be getting worse at the moment, and the cost of childcare for 3 under 3's just doesn't make it viable for my wife to go back to work !
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think the most important thing you need to do is look at your expenditure - at the moment you cannot alter your income. Have you used my budget planner yet?

This alone is a good way to crystalise where the money goes. You're obviously overspending by £8k a year - and that needs to stop. Look at it - then use the articles to get the best deals on everything, after that its time to consider what you can do without

martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi Ivenofinmoney, I've split your budget post off into a new thread so you can get more responses from site users. It's here.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories