Option 14 Electricity

Options
Hi. I've had a search for this on the forum but can't see whether it's already been discussed.

I get my electricity from ScottishPower Manweb, and in my part of Wales they have an "Option 14" tariff which is similar to an Economy 7 tariff but you get 14 hours of off-peak electricity (between 1pm and 4pm, and between 9pm and 8am GMT) instead of the normal 7 hours.

I'm trying to find out whether there are any other electricity companies who offer this tariff because I'd like to find a cheaper deal, but after looking at different websites I can't find any similar tarifft.

Is there anybody else on this (or a similar) tariff?

Comments

• angelatgraceland
    Options
    Ive never heard of it-the companies in southern england are a tight lot though! Now if SWEB offered that package Id take it up tomorrow! Cant see you can get get better myslf
    unless
    anyone else knows different!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • chrisbwthyn
    Options
    We have had Option 14 for 10 years now. I have not been able to find another tariff on any other supplier that even comes near to Option 14 for value BUT ONLY if
    1)your main heating is storage radiators which are half rated (i.e.they only have half the input so need twice the time to heat up)
    2) you manage the rest of your electricity carefully and use your washing machine, shower, etc. during off peak times.
    However, Scottish Power have changed one of the rules if you have a radio controlled meter. Up till this year the time were GMT (so they were and hour different between winter and summer) NOW they are always the same time (Off 8am, on 1pm, off 4pm on 9pm)
    So if you were organised for an hour later in the summer, think again!
    DID SCOTTISH POWER TELL YOU ABOUT THIS? THEY DIDN@T TELL US!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure